This page describes the process of upgrading the software.
How to upgrade your existing installation
- Make a backup of the current database.
- Make a backup of all files in the web folder.
- Move/preserve the following three folders and web.config to a temporary location (preferably on the same drive so as not to create a large “copy” operation):
- Remove/delete all other files from your web root.
- Copy the new web files from the AuctionWorx zip package into your site (web root).
Note: If you have made any changes to web files, those changes will need to be re-implemented into the new web files.
- Move/replace the three preserved folders above back to the same locations in your web root:
- Re-apply your settings from your current/preserved web.config file to the new web.config file.
Execute the AuctionWorx.sql script against your DB.
OPTIONAL: to import email templates if upgrading from v1.X
- In web.config, set the "value" for the "NotificationTemplatesFolder" to the correct location of your Templates folder.
- At the bottom of web.config, uncomment the "type" element for INotifierServiceTemplateProvider. This will automatically import your existing Email Templates when AuctionWorx first starts.
Adjusting the Image Path Defaults
If you have "ImageSavePath" and "ImageLoadURI" settings in web.config, AND your "ImageSavePath" and "ImageLoadURI" settings in web.config are different from the default, you will need to make that setting change in the Admin Control Panel > Advanced > Images section.
- Log in to your site as an admin and access the Admin Control Panel.
- Click Advanced > Images in the left navigation area.
- Set "UploadListingImage - RootFolder" to your "ImageSavePath" value, make sure there is a trailing backslash.
- Set "UploadListingImage - RootURL" to your "ImageLoadURI" value, make sure there is a trailing forward slash.
Note: If you are upgrading from a version older than 2.0.5337R2 and have a large number of existing listings then it may take a long time for the application to initialize the first time after upgrading while certain data is automatically optimized for performance.