This section provides settings specific to the 'Auction' listing type.
Enabled - When checked, the 'Auction' listing format option is available when creating new listings.
Listing Duration Options - Determines how the seller can specify the end date for their listings. The following options are available:
Max Auto Re-lists - The maximum number of times an item will be allowed to automatically re-list if it does not sell. Set this field to 0 to remove the option on the Create Listing page.
- Duration Only - When creating new listings the seller will be able to select how many days until the listing will close. See also 'Duration Days List' below.
- End Only - When creating new listings the seller will be able to specify a future date and time when the listing will close.
Duration Days List - Enter the number of 'day' options to be presented to sellers for their listings. This option will only be available if 'Duration Only' is selected in the 'Listing Duration Options'.
Allow Sellers to Edit Duration - When checked, Sellers can edit the end date or the duration of their auction listing if there are no bids placed on that listing.
Sniper Protection Seconds - If a bid is placed within the set number of seconds before the item ends, the auction will be automatically extended this number of seconds
Enable Proxy Bidding - When checked, bids are automatically entered on behalf of the bidder for the lowest amount required to win the item. If not enabled, the proxy system will not be used and the maximum bid will always be placed immediately.
Note: Configure the "Sniper Protection Seconds" option to 120 (2 minutes). When a Bidder places a bid on a listing with 1 minute left before the end of the auction, the end time for the listing is extended for another 2 minutes.
Enable Shipping - When checked sellers may specify flat shipping cost details when creating or editing listings.
Auction Bid Increments
- Bid increments determine the minimum valid bid amounts users may enter when placing bids on auction listings in order to outbid the current high bidder on auctions.
To set Bid Increments:
- Enter the 'Price Level' above which this increment applies. For example, '100.00' indicates that this bid increment applies when the current high bid reaches $100.00.
- Enter the 'Increment' amount required to place a new bid at this price level. For example, '5.00' indicates that the next bid must be at least $5.00 greater than the current high bid.
- Click 'Save'.
- You may delete any bid increment rows by selecting the 'Delete' checkbox.
Example: A $5.00 bid increment is specified for the $100.00 price level and a $10.00 increment is specified for the $500.00. For an item that is currently at $490 the minimum acceptable bid amount is $495. The item then receives several more bids bringing the current price up to $505. The next bidder must enter at least $515 in order to place a bid.